Group Short-Term Disability Income Insurance
Most disabilities last less than six months. But even a short-term disability can cause a severe financial hardship. We offer several options for ACS members to coordinate with their Long-Term Disability Income Benefits.
The ACS Disability Income plans can help you maintain your current lifestyle and help protect you and your family from serious debt by replacing a portion of your income with monthly benefits for covered disabilities.
Here is what the ACS Group Short-Term Disability program can offer you:
*Available exclusively to eligible ACS members under age 60
• Monthly benefits up to $5,000, limited to 60% your average earnings (70% if combined with ACS LTD)*
• Choose your waiting period – 7-days or 30-days
• Choice of Maximum Benefit Period – 3-months or 6-months (so you can coordinate with your ACS Long-Term Disability Plan)
• Maternity Benefits: Benefits can be paid for up to 3-months (6-months for complications of pregnancy)
Valuable Package Discount
You can receive a 25% Package Discount in addition to our already competitive rates. To qualify for this discount, you must be insured in at least one plan from each of the three coverage categories:
1. Group Term Life: Level Term Life: (10-, 15-, or 20-Year Term) and/or Traditional Term Life
2. Group Disability Income Insurance: Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, and/or Office Overhead Expense Disability
3. Supplemental Group Coverages: Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, and/or Supplemental Disability Insurance (for educational expense obligations)
The discount only applies to qualifying plans underwritten by New York Life Insurance Company.